This is such a delicious and simple dish that I made with my aunt last week. It has few ingredients and it takes a short time to make.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 8-10 frozen spinach (or use fresh, about a cups worth at least)
- 1/2 cup of pine seeds
- cayenne pepper
- paprika powder
- Dice the chicken. Optional: marinate it in olive oil, cayenne and paprika powder for 30 minutes. You can also use some chilli flakes if you want.
- Get the spinach out of the freezer (do not need to be defrosted). Or use fresh like my aunt has done here.
1. Roast the pine seeds in a dry pan
2. Add the pine seeds to the marinated chicken (as I mentioned we did not marinate the chicken on beforehand)
3. Fry the chicken.
This would be a great time to start cooking the rice (depending on how long time your rice takes).
4. Add a can of coconut milk
5. Add the frozen or fresh spinach.
6. Voila! Done. Serve with rice.
Doesnt it just look yummy? Now if you are concerned with people who do not like spinach (like me) it does not really taste much like spinach.