Today I am sharing with you a raspberry compote that works so perfectly on the brownies recipe I posted on Wednesday. I mean, come on – look at this picture! Dont you just wish you could lick the screen?
- 4-500 g raspberries
- 2 dl water
- 2 dl sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Add the raspberries in the pan, be very carefull as you want the raspberries to be as whole as possible.
- Add the sugar and 2 dl water and bring to a boil. Do not stir the pot, just shake it gently, again we want the berries will remain as whole as possible.
- Let simmer a few minutes. Tilt the pan from side to side so all the sugar is properly distributed.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir the cornflour with 3 tbsp of water and have add it steady to the pan, still without moving, just tilt the pan occasionally. Add it back to the heat and let it get a short boil, only three bubble bubbles!
- Let the compote cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Serve over brownies and vanilla ice cream!