The small one I bought for 29 kroner, a bit under 5 usd, at a second hand store. The big one I got for free. They were really not very pretty or my style at all, so I knew I had to do a big make-over on these. Sorry, no before pictures!
I started with two coat of spray paint primer.
Then did three coats of spray paint and was finally satisfied.
The lampshades did looked fine, but I wanted another fabric.
I made a pattern and cut out four pieces of the fabric I had chosen. I originally wanted a really nice ruffled fabric, but it was about 90% more expensive than the one I bought. Then I pinned them together and ready to sew.
The smaller shade I just rolled the shade and created an outline, and pinned it in place.
I used some scraps to create a head band for my dog. She is so cute.
I basically just sewed along the pins, and tried it on the shades. Then I sewed it even more in. Finally I used a glue gun and glued it to the shades in the top and bottom.
My dog was “helping” me. She came and wanted to sit on my lap while I was sewing.
I assembled the lamps and turned them on. I really regret not doing it properly, but I did not know the lamps where that see through. This works for now, but I will probably dress them up a bit later.