A rice bag is probably one of the smartest things one can have lying around your house (in their designated area). It is also super-easy to make! You can even make any size or shape you want. You can make hand warmers, like A Bee In My Bonnet or a foot warmer like V and Co. Today I am going to show you how I create a shoulder bag. The great thing about this design is that it sits comfortably around your shoulders. You can of course use it for other body parts such as backs, stomaches, feet, etc. It is 40 x 15 cm and is divided into four sections. This prevents the rice from going to one side only
1. Cut out two pieces of fabric (40×15 cm)
2. Place the right sides together
3. Pin the fabric together.
4.Sew and zigzag together, leave two openings
5. Turn fabric right side out, make sure you get the corners out (I use a thick plastic knitting needle)
6. Sew three seams, creating four equal big sections
7. Fill with rice, about 1/2 – 3/4 full.
8. Hand stitch or sew the openings shut
9. Finished product!
You can leave the rice bags in the freezer for a couple of hours to make it cold, or put in microwave (1-2 min) to get it hot. You can also make a lot of different sizes, use different patterns and essential oils, etc. The best part is that you do not even need to buy fabric, just use some scraps.
Also check out my fleece heart hand warmer.