My ugly nightstand (which will be painted (probably white) when the snow has melted and the weather is warmer) was the first item on my list of things that needed organizing. Two reasons for this. 1) I have rearranged my bedroom and the nightstand is now on the opposite side of the bed, meaning everything inside it is inverted and 2) it was such a mess. Check out my previous organizing nightstand post.
I might have forgotten to take a before picture. But just image it being full of crap. Now its pretty and organized.
On top I only have the bare essentials: lamp, water bottle, candle, phone and my stones to help me sleep.
The first drawer has all the things I use on a somewhat daily basis and most importantly my tissue box!
The second drawer has some cremes, magazines, iPad, notebook and pen.
The bottom drawer has my rice bags and hot water bottle.
How To Organize A Nightstand
- Remove everything on top, clean.
- Place only the essentials back, such as a lamp, a clock, a water bottle and a candle.
- Tackle one drawer at a time. Only put back the essentials, such as tissue paper, moisturizer cream, books, notebook and pen, water bottle, etc.
- Throw away things you don’t need or use and find a new home for the rest.
- Remember, do not fill it up completely, you want it to look pretty and organized.
- Optional: Line the drawer with wrapping paper, it will look super pretty!
Id love to see your organized nightstand – write a link in the comments if you have a post.