Todays Recipe is a nachoes recipe. Its quick, simple and super yummy! It only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. I also have a super yummy Homemade Salsa recipe (posting tomorrow) which you should make to go with it.
The original post is here, but I tweaked it a bit. I also created a veggie version as my little sister does not eat meat.
2 bags of nachoes
a pack of ground beef
1 can of tomatoes with chilli
1 cup sour cream
1 pack of grated cheese
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
Butter for pan
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
2. Butter the pan
3. Add nachoes
4. Cook the ground beef, then add the can of tomatoes (optional: taco seasoning)
5. Add the ground beef to the nachoes, add sour cream and cheese.
6. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes (or until the cheese gets a little brown around the edges)
7. Remove from oven. Add onion and tomatoes.
8. Serve with sour cream, homemade salsa and homemade guacamole.
I asked my family to give me feedback on the food to share with you. I must state they thought it was delicious, but I forced out some response. The first issue was the onion, one said it was too much, one said it was perfect and one said they would prefer to have it cooked with the beef. This really just is a matter of personal taste then. My little sister said the veggie version would be better with some beans. We all agreed it would also be better with homemade guacamole.