I have always had trouble with my hair. I switched from regular shampoo to the baking soda with apple cider vinegar rinse. Which was working better than the regular shampoo but my hair was still super dry. I then switched to honey with the same rinse. This however made my scalp super oily and my hair still dry. Back to the baking soda did not help. My scalp is doing better but my hair dryer than ever. I knew I had to take some drastic measures.
- I can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tsp honey
- Add the coconut milk and honey to a bowl and whisk together
- Move it from the bowl to a flask for easier applying, use a funnel for less mess
- Optional: mix with water for conditioner
- Add to dry hair (not scalp) and let sit for 10 minutes
I am just starting this process myself and first time I had coconut oil in with the coconut milk and honey and it looked like I hadn’t washed my hair in a month (and it was date night with hubby!) Second try I just did coconut milk and honey and it’s way better. . . just put on dry hair with about 3 inches away from my scalp. It was about 30 mins before I took it off but my hair is soft! I have super fine curly hair that gets super dry easily. Glad to know this is an option!