Today I am sharing my big sisters favorite Christmas treat, Coconut Macaroons. It’s a super easy recipe to make and great for anyone with allergies as they are dairy-free and gluten-free!
- 6 egg whites
- 450 g icing sugar
- 450 g shredded coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- Whip the egg whites thoroughly (if you can flip the bowl upside down without anything falling off you are done)
- Add the icing sugar and whip it for 10 minutes
- Stir in the shredded coconut, baking powder and vanilla sugar
- Put the batter an a plastic bag and cut a whole in the tip, squeeze out bite-sized batter onto a cooking tray, getting them as tall as possible
- Bake them in the oven on 160 C (320 F) for about 10 minutes.