This one of the most delicious cakes I have ever made. The taste is such a perfect balance. I have only made this cake once but I know I will make it more in the future. It is so moist and taste – lets just say it did not last more than a few days, but then again it rarely does here! The recipe was originally found on Erica’s Sweet Tooth Blog.
- 95-145 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 250 g plain yogurt
- 200 g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 175 g vegetable oil
- 250 g blueberries
- 80 g fresh lemon juice
- 150 g sugar
- 60 g fresh lemon juice
- 120 g powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Get a 22×11 cm loaf pan, grease with butter and add a thin coat of flour
- In a bowl mix flower, baking powder and salt
- In another bowl mix yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla essence and oil
- Add the first bowl into the second bowl and mix
- Gentally add the blueberries and carefully fold them into the batter
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake it for about 1 hour – until the cake tester comes out clean
- Leave it in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the pan and let it cool
- Make the lemon syrup: combine ingredients in a saucepan and stir until it is completely dissolved, keep cooking for about 3 minutes after this
- Use a grill stick to poke holes onto the top of the cake and brush all the syrup onto the cake, a little at a time
- Make the lemon glaze: Combine ingredients and whisk together. Pour it onto the top of the loaf.
- Serve this deliciousness and everyone will love you forever.
Well, at least I would love you forever if you served me this delicious cake. The cake can also be cut up and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. I don’t know how long it can stay there – ours lasted about three days and it was still delicious and moist!