My grandparents (mums parents) were visiting last week, remember it was my mums birthday as well – great coincidence! Anyways, I made the Sunshine Cake for the morning celebration and my mum took the rest to work. However in the evening her nephew wanted to stop by and say hi to her and his grandparents so we got to have an evening celebration as well. So my grandmother made this cake, I stood by and took pictures and notes. It’s a really simple cake to make and it’s really good! Although I still prefer my mums apple cake (here made in big cupcake molds).
- 200 g flour
- 200 g soft butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, whipped
- 2-3 apples, peeled and cut into boats
- sugar and cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (390 F)
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and butter in a bowl, mix with your hands.
- Add the whipped eggs and continue mixing by hand, then go over to using a whisk
- Add the batter to a 24 cm round cake pan and add the apples, sugar and cinnamon
- Bake the cake for about 30 minutes
- Serve with ice cream