We had some leftover bananas, so I decided to make some banana & blueberry muffins. I wanted something a bit more exciting, so I picked out some of the blueberries before making the blueberry jam. I wanted some funky colours as well, so I choose 5 different cupcake liners and make three of each. Aint I just so super cool?
- 130 g all-purpose flour
- 70 g wholemeal flour (optional)
- 50 g oatmeal
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 ripe bananas
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blueberries (mixed with some flour)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Add flours, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl, stir.
- In another bowl, mash bananas and add sugar, egg, melted butter and vanilla, mix together.
- Mix in the dry to the wet ingredients, a little at a time.
- Fill the lined muffin tins about ¾ full with batter and add about 5-8 blueberries in each.
- Bake for about 25 minutes
- TIPS! The muffins are done with the tops spring back when you press down on them!
- Serve and enjoy!