Serina cookies – a type of Norwegian butter cookies and a traditional Christmas treat in Norway. Its really easy to make and they are really delisious.
- 250 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- 100 g sugar
- Mix flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl
- Crumble the butter into the bowl
- Add the egg and sugar and whip until its all mixed
- Take small pieces of batter and roll into small balls and put them on a baking tray
- Use a fork to make the marks on top
- Brush with a beated egg
- Bake in the oven at 180 C ( 355 F ) for about 10 minutes
What did I tell you, its super easy! Oh and if you want to make it prettier you can add chopped almonds or pearl sugar on top before putting in the oven. Hope you make and enjoy this lovely Christmas treat!