The perfect Valentines Day Cookies. Heart shaped with frosting. Chocolate. Must I say more?
Or the perfect happy late valentines day cookies. I spend half of last week being sick so this post is a couple of days late. But hey! Just because it’s not valentines day doesn’t mean we cannot share love right?
- 250 g flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 150 g butter
- 120 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional: frosting
How to make chocolate sugar cookies
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl, set aside
- Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer for 5 minutes, medium speed
- Add egg, mix
- Add vanilla extract, mix
- Add flour mix at and mix at a low speed
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes up to 24 hours
- Set the oven to 160c (320f)
- Roll out the dough until desired thickness and use a heart cookie cutter
- Freeze for 15 minutes
- Bake for 15-17 minutes
- Cool on cooling rack
- Optional: add frosting, I have used a vanilla powder & water mix
Oh, and check out this cutie I got for Christmas, a measure cup and weight it one – and it’s PINK!