I have a super exciting frosting recipe today. Honestly, I am not much of a frosting person myself, which is why I think all my muffin posts have been without frosting. However I wanted to try something new. This frosting is quite heavy – but maybe that is just my opinion as a non-frosting-person. I do really love that this recipe is with the actual vanilla bean stalk instead of just essence of extract. It was also really simple to make.
- 4 egg whites
- 3 dl sugar
- 1 vanilla bean stalk
- optional: food colouring
- In a pan add water and bring to a heat
- In a steel bowl add all the ingredients and put over the pan as a double boiler
- Whip by hand until the sugar has dissolved
- Remove from heat and whip it with an electric whip until the bowl no longer feels hot.
- Add food colouring and whip about another minute
- Serve on cakes or cupcakes