It was Mothers Day in the middle of February (she was away that weekend so we celebrated on Monday evening), and we decided to make something special for mum. Something different. Like this layered dessert made of vanilla cupcakes, lemon curd and creme mix and vanilla bean frosting set with a blog torch.
- Make crumbs of the cupcakes and place in the bottom of the glass
- Mix 5 ml whipping cream and 300 g lemon curd
- Add a layer of lemon cream over cupcake crumbs
- Put glasses in fridge for a couple of hours
- Have the frosting in a piping bag and make a swirl on top
- Use a blowtorch and burn a bit of the top
I recommend using a ration of 2-3 part cupcakes to 1 part lemon curd cream and 1 part vanilla bean frosting, as this is quite a heavy dessert