I was having such a craving for my Peach & Lime Muffins but to my horror there were no peaches in the store. I was so sad but then I started to think what I could replace the peach with – oh, what about mango? It was a great idea, however not as good as the original – but that might be because I used lime juice instead of lime zest. Wops. Oh well.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 113 g butter, semi-melted
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 mango, diced
- Preheat oven to 165 C (325 F)
- In a smaller bowl add flour, baking powder and salt and mix.
- In a bigger bowl add sugar and butter. Mix.
- Add one egg at a time to the bigger bowl and mix. Then add the lime juice.
- Mix the dry to the wet ingredients, a little at a time.
- Add muffins liners to the muffins tin and add about ½-¾ full of batter.
- Then add dices mango – try to mix a little.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, untill done.
- Let cool before serving.
These are different, they sound really good!