Apple cake is my absolute favorite cake in the entire world! Well, that’s not entirely true. This particular recipe is my favorite in the whole wide world. Most of my birthdays this is the cake that I have wanted to have served in bed. Oh here is my family’s birthday tradition, see – I already mentioned the apple cake! What is super awesome with this is that its my great grandmothers recipe. Enough about the apple cake, the reason I was actually going to make it was because it was one of my co-workers last day on Monday. I wanted to make something that was simple to eat and not too messy.
Then it hit me like oh my goodness mind blown explosion idea. An apple cake in a maxi cupcake tin.
*Pausing for mind-blowing experience*
I seriously think this is one of the best ideas EVER! And doesn’t it just look super cute?
- 125 g butter, room temp
- 125 g sugar
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 green apples, peeled and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 180 d (356 f)
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl until its fluffy (see image)
- Add flour and baking powder, stir until its lump-free
- Add one egg. Mix with your hands. Add half an egg (crack into a small glass, mix and add half – save the rest)
- Mix until everything is stuck together
- Grease 7 large cupcake pan
- Roll out the dough until it is thin
- Cut out circles slightly larger than the pan
- Put it in the pan
- Add apples, cinnamon and sugar
- Make a crust, use your imagination!
- Brush the top with egg
- Bake in the oven for about 18 minutes
I actually got 7 mini apple cakes out of this recipe which was awesome! They have also been loved by everyone who has tasted them, which is a bonus! Guess what my new go-to birthday cake is. You guessed right! This mini version right here!
Whats your favorite cake/pie ??
Blair Lonergan says
Yum! These are so cute, and I love the simple ingredient list. Pinned and tweeted!
Thanks! Let me know if you ever make it 🙂
Trine this looks great. I am pinning it so I know I will come back and make it sometime.
Awesome! Let me know if you ever do! 🙂