This year I am taking my blog and turning it into a business. I have therefore decided – both to keep myself accountable and hopefully to help others see its possible – to start writing a monthly traffic and income report. Please note that I am also including income from my website design business, etsy and epla store as well as blogging. Lets get started!
Here are my stats for this month, using Google Analytics.
Creative Pink Butterfly:
- Pageviews: 44,330
- Unique Pageviews: 38,027
- Bounce Rate: 85.46%
- Average Time on Site: 03:49
- Average Pageviews per Day: 1,529
February was another huge month. I had consistent page views all month, just at a much higher rate than before. My how to start a bullet journal post is still my post popular post!
Trine Hansen Design:
I am having some trouble with my google analytics, there is a lot of spam referrals, so I will delete the fake data and then post it here.
Here are my actual income numbers. I have sorted them by category so its easy to understand what came from where. I wrote in my blog and business goals post that I wanted to make $5.000 online this year. I know I am only making a small amount now, but hopefully there numbers will grow each month.
Just keep in mind this is only my income, it does not include any taxes, or expenses.
Creative Pink Butterfly:
- Ad Networks:
- Adsense: ≈$22 (190.45 nok)
- Affiliate Sales:
- Amazon: $21
- Income: $43
Trine Hansen Design
- Design website: $0
- Etsy Shop: $0
- Epla Shop: ≈$23 (199 nok)
- Income: $23
Total income: $66
My total income this month is $66, meaning I have $4813.46 to reach my goal. This month I made more money with my blog, but way less with my business. I did not have any design clients. Most my listings on Etsy ended during this month (and since none of these items sold I do not want to relist them). I did sell two items from my Epla Store, which helped, but really not enough.
Quick Statistics Update
Social media is super important, and one of my 2016 goals is having a total of 30,000 followers – so feel free to follow me for awesome updates and content!
Goals for February:
- Add one new ad network site to my blog. Neutral: even though I did research this I did not find any I was sure of. Just keeping Adsense for now
- Make $150 this month! Failed, I did not have any design clients this month which is the main reason for not making enough.
- 5000 social media followers Success! I even got a little bit more!
- Be one month ahead of blog post schedule. Neutral again! I was sick in bed for a week, and spent the next week only having enough energy to work. Even though not all the posts are scheduled I have a plan. And guess what – I also have April Planned!
Goals for March:
- Make $100 this month!
- 6500 social media followers
- Be one month ahead of blog post schedule
- Have 20 items in my Epla Store and 10 items to be published/ideas on items to sell