I am from Norway and if there is one thing we are really known for it must be our salmon. Well, we are probably most known for our oil, but I think salmon is far up on that list. I actually fount a site that shows the export of Norwegian salmon. Last week (week 13 of 2014) we exported over 16 tons of it, thats a lot of fish!
Personally, I love salmon. I love it more than any other fish. When it comes to salmon its more or less the only fish I will eat. Not counting the ones I fish myself during the summer. I find it so simple to make as well, it only takes about 25 minutes. Now I like my fish completely done so I bake it for about 20 minutes, but what I love about this recipe is that it doesn’t make it dry. I use lemon and pepper (or lemon and lemon pepper) for taste.
So here is my long overdue norwegian post.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Butter the pan, add salmon, squeeze lemon over and add pepper (or lemon pepper).
- Let the salmon bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the size and how well done you want it
- Serve with pasta, grated carrots, and cooked asparagus* and sauce.
*Boil water and salt. Add asparagus for about 1-2 minutes. Remove the asparagus into a bowl of water with ice cubes and serve.
Now talking about fish, I know a lot of people love it, a lot of people hate it and a lot of people are in between. Now I am all open to trying out new things, most of the time and I would really love to have another fish recipe to use, so I have a couple of questions for you. Please answer in the comments form, thank you!
- What is your favorite fish?
- How do you like prepared?
- What do you serve with it?