This is one of my favorite meals. My Mums Baked Chicken Casserole. I was so sad when it was suggested for dinner because I thought I could not have any. My older sister came up with a great idea to make it lactose free! We swapped the heavy cream for coconut milk and ditched the cheese on top. What a supportive family I have! I would recommend having the cheese on top if you can.
- 1 grilled chicken
- 2 onions and optional garlic
- 1 apple
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups broth: warm water and bouillon cube
- (1 cup grated cheese)
- Cut the onion into wedges and put them in a hot pan
- Add the curry
- Add the apple slices and let it fry for a while
- Add the can of tomatoes
- Add the broth and cook.
- Finally add coconut milk and chicken.
- Put it in casserole dish (and cover with cheese).
- Bake at 250 degrees C for about 10 minutes.
Served with rice, salad and baguette.
Shana Norris says
That chicken looks yummy. The combination of curry and coconut is one I LOVE. And your table setting is so pretty. We have white plates, too. Also red, but the white ones are my favorites.
Looking forward to getting to know you via the #SITSBlogging tribe building activities this week!
Michell @Prowess and Pearls says
Hi Trine! This looks delicious and easy(two things I love when cooking), lol! I’ll be pinning this to my “Quick and Easy Recipes” board on Pinterest. Looking forward to connecting with you through the SITs blogging tribe!