When I was younger I was such a soup-girl. I loved soup, but not so much anymore. When I came across this soup recipe from Two Peas And Their Pod on Pinterest I knew I had to try it.
It is actually super easy to make, but I managed to have some troubles with it – that’s what happens when you don’t read the recipe properly and don’t have enough ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 dl canned, diced tomatoes
- 4 dl can vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the 2* bay leaves.
- Add the tomatoes** and vegetable broth. Stir in the brown sugar and fresh basil. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, to taste. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Hard boil eggs*** and cook paste
- Remove the bay leaves from the pot. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup. Stir in the Greek yogurt until well combined. Stir in the pasta.
- Serve warm.
* – I misread and added about ½ cup bay leaves, luckily my mum was standing next to me asking what the heck I was doing
** – I did not buy enough cans, so I substituted with some fresh tomatoes and water
*** – I forgot until after the food was served that I really love eggs in my tomato soup (This is why it’s not in the photo above).
So even though I failed completely, it was actually quite a success. The soup tasted delicious and I must make it again!
I would love if you left me a comment :)