My younger sister is a vegetarian, so we occasionally really try to make her happy with a full on vegetable dish. Although not 100% happy this time either as we ended up adding some sliced sausages on the side. Overall this was actually quite a tasteful dish. There was a bit too much of some things and too little of others so this has been corrected in the recipe below. This was a lot of food, even for just the 4 of us eating that night. The leftovers we cooked to death on the stove, pureed it put it in the fridge. The next day we made soup by adding water, puree, spices and heated it up on the stove.
Please note the images might not be the same as directions – especially when it comes to size of cutting.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5 yellow onion
- 1 can of beans
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 3-4 carrot
- 1 squash
- 400 g potato
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 squash
- 1/2 swede
- 2 dl whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- little salt and pepper
- Preheat oven with top and bottom heat to 200 C (390 F)
- Mince garlic and onions.
- Cook until onion is soft.
- Add beans and vegetable broth and let it boil.
- Pour into a casserole or dish, cover with lid (or make an aluminium foil cover) and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables:
- Peel carrots, cut into 0.5 cm thick slices
- Peel potatoes, cut into 1 cm. cubes.
- Wash peppers, cut into 1 cm. slices.
- Wash squash and cut into 0.5 cm. slices.
- Peel the swede and cut the 1 cm cubes.
- Removing the casserole from the oven and mix into the vegetables with beans. Bake for another 15 minutes in the oven. Add a little water if necessary.
- Removing the casserole, add cream, and season to taste with salt, pepper and lime juice to taste.
- Bake, uncovered, for a further 10-15 minutes in the oven.
I would love if you left me a comment :)