Last year, when I started to go Paleo I made this chicken stir-fry a lot. It was incredibly simple to make and its a great way to get more veggies in your diet. I had totally forgotten about it until I found the photo on my camera. I really want to make more of this in the future.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion, halved and then cut into strips
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- In a large skillet, heat oil
- Add chicken, cook until slightly brown
- Add all veggies (except garlic)
- Brown veggies and continue to cook chicken
- Add garlic, make sure they brown slightly, but do not get burned.
- When chicken and veggies are fully cooked and browned, add another tablespoon of olive oil and spices.
- Stir well, so the spices evenly coat the chicken and veggies.
- Serve hot on its own or over rice.
Note: You may use whatever vegetables you have available, and season to taste.
My paleo diet did not last long, because I did not prepare and lacked things to eat, but that’s a whole other story. I am thinking of venturing into Paleo again, not full-time but focus on being more healthy. I did make paleo granola and salmon if you want to check it out.