Such a simple and delicious meal. This Spaghetti with Asparagus and Arugula recipe is something that anyone can make and anyone can enjoy!
- 1 dl + 1 tbsp olive oil
- about 28 thin asparagus tops (5 cm / 2 inch piece)
- 375 g spaghetti
- 120 g arugula, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 75 g parmesan
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Bring to boil a large pan of hot water over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt, and Soften the asparagus for 3-4 min. Take the asparagus out with a slotted spoon, rinse under cold water, let it drain off and place it in a bowl.
- Reheat the water and add the pasta. Cook it until it is al dente. Let it drain off and place it back in the pan
- While the pasta is cooking add the arugula, chilli, lemon peel, garlic, and parmesan to the asparagus, blend and add to the pasta.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice to the pasta and blend together.
- Serve with parmesan, salt and pepper on top.
And you know, being slightly stressed when making this meal – I totally forgot to take photos except for when I was cooking the asparagus. I don’t doubt that this will be made another time and hopefully I will remember to take the photos then!
I would love if you left me a comment :)