Welcome to course three. This is one of our traditional dishes we have each New Year, because we love it so much! It’s amazing how such a simple dish can be so super delicious! This is cooked asparagus with parma ham and hollandaise sauce.
- 12 asparagus
- 6 slices of parma
- 300 g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 small lemon
- salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
How to made Hollandaise Sauce:
- Melt the butter
- Add the egg yolks to a heat-resistant bowl
- Bring water in a sauce pan to a boil, put the heat-resistant bowl on top. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Whip vigorously for about 30 sec with a few drops of water in the egg yolks, continue whipping until it gets thicker and you feel a bit resistance
- Add a little bit of the butter at a time, whipping between each time
- Season to taste with lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
How to Cook Asparagus:
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the thicker end
- Prepare an ice bath
- Boil water
- When water is boiling, add asparagus
- Allow asparagus to boil for 1 minute
- Quickly move asparagus to ice bath for 30 seconds
- Then onto a clean kitchen towel and dry
- Your asparagus is ready to serve
Here are all the courses from New Years Eve