Well hello! My name is Ashley and I reign from the realm of the internet dubbed Pink and Peppermint, where you’ll find an array of things from cosplay to cooking, crafts to creating designs, and well anything my little mind can dream up! When Trine invited me to share an easy, healthy lunch, I couldn’t have been more excited! Sit back, grab your Tupperware and get ready to fill it up!
If your lifestyle looks anything like mine, it’s slammed pack filled with school events, parenting, working, and essential other things that would leave most non-parented one job holders in shock. Which is why I had to think of ways to eat healthy, and eat it on the go!
- 1 Ground Turkey Burger
- Dash Oregano (Fresh or Dried)
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Lowry’s Season Salt (I’m pretty picky when it comes to this!)
- 1 tsp Lowry’s Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Spinach, uncooked
- 2 tbsp Feta Cheese
1. You start out with heating up the Olive Oil, Water, and White Vinegar in a pan, you add in your seasonings (Season Salt, Italian Seasoning, Oregano). Once everything is mixed together, you toss in the Turkey burger. Cook the burger until it’s lightly browned on both sides. I find the best way to make sure it’s cooked thoroughly is to use a pan with a lid and be sure to keep the burger covered until flipping it.
2. After you’ve cooked your burger, you want to prepare the salad portion. Start by cutting up your burger into small pieces. Add in the pieces of burger, spinach, and feta cheese into a bowl and toss.
You can use your own choice of dressing, but I personally use an Italian vinaigrette. The turkey burger salad alone is spectacular but I add some small sides of fresh veggies and fruit to give me a well rounded meal!
Heidi's Wanderings says
I like how you added spinach to it, and left out the bun. I’m not a bread fan. And I’ve found that things taste better without the bread.
She did a great job didnt she? 🙂