We made this really delicious burger a couple of weeks ago and I could not wait to share it with you guys today. I just loved the mediterranean tasting burger, and using the ciabatta as a bun is a super smart idea which ties the whole thing together. This is another recipe from my “quick food” cookbook (that has been altered by me mostly due to lack of ingredients)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 400 g minced beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 200 g hummus
- 100 g baby arugula
- 1/4 cucumber, shaved into long strips with a potato peeler
- Cut the peppers into large pieces. Remove seeds and membranes. Place them skin side up under a hot grill or on the top in the oven until the skin is black and blistered. Cool them in a plastic bag, pull the skin off and cut into thick strips.
- Mix the egg, onion, garlic, sunflower seeds and fresh herbs, in a bowl
- In a large bowl mix the minced beef, cumin, sweet chilli sauce and the mix in nr 2.
- Form three equally sized burgers and pat them into flat, about 9 cm in diameter
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the burgers for 6 minutes on each side until they are browned and cooked through
- Share ciabatta in half, butter hummus on both sides, and place baby arugula, red pepper strips and cucumber on the bottom of the ciabatta. Add the burger on top and ciabatta top.
- OPTIONAL, Gluten free: drop the ciabatta and place it on a plate on a salad with hummus on top.