When my family and I lived in Belgium (2005-2009) we often went to a nearby bakery and bought tarts and mini tartlets. They were super delicious and it is one of the things I really miss. It was always my fathers favorite. So for father’s day last year I decided to see if I could find a recipe for tartlets and I did. It was super delicious with fresh fruits and the tartlets are so easy to make then I could ever have imagined!
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ounces Belgian white chocolate
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2½ tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fresh summer fruits (I used strawberries, kiwis and apricots)
- ¼ cup apricot jam
How to make fruit tartlets
- Mix together 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup sugar until it is light and fluffy
- Add 2 egg yolks and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 1 cup flour and 1/4 tsp salt
- Take the dough and make it into a circle and wrap it in plastic, put in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Knead the dough until its easy to roll, divide it into 8 equal pieces
- Put one in each tin and using your fingers make the dough cover the tin and about 1 inch of the sides (I am using large muffin tins)
- Freeze for 10 minutes
- Bake at 175 degrees for about 18 minutes
- Allow to cool before removing from tin.
- Melt the white chocolate and brush onto the crust
- Heat 1 cup milk in a pot to just below a simmer
- Whisk 1 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch in a bowl
- Add half the milk to this bowl and whisk, then add it to the pot. Whisk until thickened
- Strain the custard then add 2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tbsp butter
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic and let it cool
- In a pot melt apricot jam
- Fill each chocolate covered tart with custard and fruit and brush with melted apricot jam
- Serve this deliciousness with tea.
Trine, these are gorgeous!! And they look delicious. Yummmmm.
They were! I have to make them again soon 🙂
Those are beautiful. They would be the perfect dessert for a tea or luncheon. Thanks for linking up with the Tasty Tuesday’s Link-up. I have pinned your post to the Tasty’s Tuesday’s Pinterest Board!
Thank you 🙂 They were perfect for tea!
What a pretty dessert! It looks incredible. Pinned. We really appreciate you taking the time to be a part of our party. Please join us tonight at 7 pm. It is a pleasure to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls
Thanks! I love partying with you 🙂