I have always been the girl who likes the store salsa, but not any of them – specifically the thick and chunky salsa. It’s so delicious! But this recipe gave me a change of heart about the homemade salsa. Its simply delicious and so easy to make I was so surprised, especially with the kitchen machine we used – no chopping required. It also had some of that “creamy” texture.
Original post here, but I have tweaked it to suit my needs.
1/4 red onion
1 green chilli pepper, remove seeds and veins
1/2 bunch cilantro
3 cloves garlic
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tablespoons olive oil
1. Add red onion, chilli pepper, cilantro and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until minced and remove to bowl.
2. Add two tomatoes to the now empty food processor and pulse extra until creamy. Add to bowl
3. Add two to the now empty food processor and pulse lightly. Add to bowl
4. Mix ingredients together, add lime juice and olive oil.
5. Serve with nachoes, on mexican pizza or with any other mexican food.